What is NDIS?
The National Disability Insurance Scheme also called NDIS provides support and complete assistance to people with a permanent and significant disability that impacts their ability to live everyday life comfortably and independently. Currently, there are approximately 4.3 million Australians who have a disability. And forecasted for the next 5 years, the NDIS will provide 500,000 Australians with funding for disability care services. The disability services cover people with mental, social, sensory, and cognitive psychosocial disabilities, as well as children with developmental delays.
The NDIS provides funding based on the needs and the disability of an individual. This funding will support all facets of the individual’s life that will help them in their daily living and eventually improve their way of life.
Funding Coverage includes:
● daily personal activities
● transport to enable participation in the community, social, economic, and daily life activities
● workplace help to allow a participant to successfully get or keep employment in the open or supported labour market
● therapeutic supports including behaviour support
● help with household tasks to allow the participant to maintain their home environment
● help to a participant by skilled personnel in aids or equipment assessment, set up and training
● home modification design and construction
● mobility equipment, and
● vehicle modifications
As a registered NDIS provider, Healthy Support WA is committed to supporting individuals and their needs to achieve the absolute best version of themselves.
We believe in collaborating with you, your family, and your friends, to encompass a support network that provides you with the absolute best options available. Healthy Support WAs staff have the knowledge and experience to navigate you through the NDIS to achieve their absolute best outcomes. We are dedicated to supporting you successfully, implementing your NDIS plan and ensuring all people have access to high-quality support and services.